Subject: Newtek...
From: James Lloyd <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 16:04:39 +30000

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... had better rethink it's upgrade strategy for previous Toaster owners.
I've been using LW since 1.0, and in fact bought my Toaster for that sole 
purpose. I've bought every Toaster upgrade since, and every LW upgrade that 
was released.  Now Newtek believes that $200 off the retail cost of LW 4.0 
for previous Toaster owners is fair. Well, I'm sorry, but I don't see why I 
should be required to foot another $700 to use Intel LW. I paid a lot 
more for LW than the stand-alone users did... and -they're- allowed to 
jump platforms in the upgrade path for $150. I took this up with Newtek 
weeks ago, when they officially had no plans to offer an upgrade deal at 
all. I know this sounds like a whiny issue... but the fact of the matter 
is that it's another instance of Newtek shafting its user-base for a 
quick dollar.

I've invested a total of around $6,000 in my Toaster setup. Microsoft will
be releasing Softimage Creative Environment for windows NT within a year
for around $8K. Prisms and Vertigo are on the way... priced in the $5K area.
LW handily beats 3D Studio, but I think the comparisons will break down 
against these other packages.  Wake up, Newtek. Your user base your most 
valued asset.

_____________________________________________________________________________

                                James A. Lloyd
                              Magnet Interactive
                               3D Animator-type
_____________________________________________________________________________

                 "We can do that. We don't even need a reason."
_____________________________________________________________________________

--
James Lloyd <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]